Plataine is the leading provider of Industrial IoT and AI-based optimization cloud software for advanced manufacturing.
Plataine’s software provides intelligent, connected Digital Assistants leveraging state-of-the-art, patent-protected, technologies, empowering manufacturers to make optimized decisions in real-time. Our customers and partners include Airbus, Boeing, GE, Renault F1® Team, SAP, Google Cloud, Siemens, McKinsey and others.
For more information, see www.plataine.com.
As a member of the Plataine Professional Services team, the Solution Engineer is a key player in an exciting, customer facing role that couples technical and interpersonal skills to successfully implement Plataine’s product offerings.
The Solution Engineer will work within defined project teams to perform a wide range of activities – from process analysis and identification of customer needs to technical implementation, application configuration and development – as necessary – to arrive at the solution outlined with the customer.
- Work directly with customers and partners to understand business requirements and pain points.
- Take part in the solution-design process to ensure the deliverable meets the customer’s needs
- Lead the implementation process of production optimization solution. Involves overall project management, effort orchestration of multidisciplinary team and hands-on application configuration and testing.
- Work with sub-contractors
- Provide technical support to the customer during and after the implementation phase.
- Provide technical training to the customer technical staff.
- Provide on-site support to customers during the testing and go-live phases to ensure a successful deployment.
- Consult and assist customer with fine-tuning the application functionality and optimization elements to meet customer’s service business objectives.
- Provide technical and processes related support to the sales team during a presale phase
- B.Sc in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience with customer facing positions
- 2-4 years of experience in production (engineering, production management)
- Strong desire to work both in design and in ‘hands-on’ implementation modes in the delivery of Plataine’s solutions
- Experience in leading software projects – advantage
- Experience with the implementation of enterprise commercial business application (e.g. CRM, MES, ERP) – advantage
- Familiarity with Hardware components (Desktops, Laptops, Servers)
- Experience with Windows PC/Server maintenance and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of networking components and infrastructure (Lan / Wan, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS,FW)
- Familiarity with AWS will be a great advantage
- Experience with written functional specification
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Strong analytic skills and high level decision-making
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to travel: up to 50% when appropriate